Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog are mine and mine alone. They do not reflect the views and opinions of the Peace Corps, the US Government, Vice President Biden, or President Obama. Except for any parts that make me seem awesome. Then that is definitely everyone's belief.

Monday, September 22, 2014

I'll be missing you...Chipotle

It just occurred to me that I have been here in Madagascar for over 6 months. Time is flying! I feel like I just got here but am feeling the time crunch to get projects moving. In light of this realization I have decided to compile a list of silly things I miss. It goes without saying that I miss my family, friends, and loved ones immensely and daily. So I want to make a list of borderline embarrassing creature comforts my soft, American ass misses. It makes me feel very selfish to miss these things while working here. This list is mostly food which doesn't bode well for my figure when I return. The list is in no particular order and, again, I'm ashamed to admit I miss most of these things. But what is the internet for if not embarrassing yourself for all to see.

  • Chipotle
  • Netflix
  • Greasy pizza
  • Sushi
  • The Daily Show
  • Twizzlers
  • Movie theaters
  • Movie theater popcorn
  • Movie theater popcorn butter
  • Spicy chicken sandwiches of all makes and models. The more deep fried and awful for you the better.
  • Souplantation
  • Weight lifting
  • Constant updates on the status of the UCLA Bruins football team.
  • Grantland.com
  • Good beer
  • Crappy, American beer. Never knew I could actually miss PBR.
  • Liquor other than rum
  • Trader Joe's. Specifically cheese, wine, samples, and the pre-made wraps.
  • Nachos
  • All Mexican food
  • Starbucks
  • Road trips


Ok, I think that's enough. All of that said I love it here and only miss these things when I'm especially vulnerable (meaning tired and/or hungry). But I do think of them from time to time. I'm sure when I get home a binge is in order. Please don't judge me when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment